Up to £700 per day
3 months ago
Herefordshire Council is looking to appoint an interim Director of Governance and Law to start mid March for at least 4 months whist we recruit to the post on a permanent basis. This interim position reports directly to the Chief Executive and will be the most senior solicitor in the council and the professional lead for legal services. As a member of the council's management board, they will be responsible for a portfolio of services which includes democratic services, registrars, coroner service, legal services and elections. It is essential that the post holder can take on the statutory role of monitoring officer.
The post holder will be joining the council at a pivotal time as we look to make a step-change in the way we work and deliver our services. There is a head of legal in place who is also the deputy monitoring officer. The wider legal services team is undergoing a restructure and significant additional funding has been made available to meet the increased demands on the service. We are progressing our rethinking governance project well and flexible futures which will transform the way in which we work is launching in the spring.
* Be an experienced MO and qualified solicitor.
* Be available mid March for the duration of the contract
* Have exceptional diplomacy and communication skills
* Strong leadership and motivational skills
* Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively Location
* The council is still largely working from home and the council has good hybrid working technology in place to support this. However, formal committee meetings are taking place in person and the post holder as a key statutory officer would need to be in Herefordshire for those meetings.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.