about 1 month ago
Healthcare Assistant (SEN School) - Colchester, Essex
We are looking for organised, caring and professional individuals to join our growing school as Health Care Assistants.
Working hours: 8.45am - 3.15pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Days: Monday to Friday - term time plus non pupil days (39 weeks plus 4.5 weeks paid holiday allowance).Must be available to work 5 days a week
Main Duties Include but not limited to:
- To administer OTC, prescription, and controlled drug medications.
- To assist with preparation, updating and archiving of medical records.
- To maintain current own First Aid Qualification and mandatory training.
- To communicate as appropriate with the SLG, parents and other staff and agencies
- To be aware of, and implement, routine procedures as outlined in the School's policies.
- To adhere to individual health care plans for pupils with specific health care needs.
- To support the holistic wellbeing of all pupils actively.
- To assist with organising and co-ordinating immunisations.
- Uphold medical confidentiality in line with legal duty of confidentiality to pupils and maintain medical records accurately.
- Ensure that all dispensed treatment given, and supplies used are recorded.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence, keep up-to-date with relevant clinical and healthcare issues relevant to schools.
- To continuously promote the welfare of children and young people.
Experience working in care and/or with SEN children an advantage but not essential as is previous training in medication administering.