about 1 month ago
Head of College - SEN College - Lambeth South East London
Remedy Education are looking for a Head of College to join our lovely SEN College based in Lambeth South East London.
The Head of College must manage the day to day operations of the College with a hands on approach, and have an excellent understanding of outstanding teaching and learning for students with special educational needs and disabilities.
As the Head of College, you will have the responsibility of upholding the college mission statements and values in all aspects of your work and promoting a positive image of College and its provision.
Your main responsibilities:
- With the Executive Head providing vision, leadership and direction of the College department, which inspires and motivates students, staff and other stakeholders and creates and maintains a positive culture.
- Developing a curriculum that is enterprising, entrepreneurial, progressive and challenging with a focus on sustainable outcomes and appropriate destinations for each student
- Ensuring that resources are effectively and efficiently used to achieve the College overall aims and objectives and demonstrate best value.
- Day-to-day management, organisation and administration of the College and hubs.
- Be responsible on site day to day for the effective process of Safeguarding
- Continuing to develop effective partnership with the wider community, LAs, parents and carers, feeder schools, local employers, local providers, and any other services and professionals.
- Providing direction for the College, creating an ethos and vision for education, which secures effective teaching, learning and support, sustained improvement in their spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical well-being and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing practice in educational setting and promoting improvement strategies to ensure that under performance is challenged at all levels and ensure effective corrective action and follow-up is undertaken.
- Recruiting and retaining the best employees and ensuring effective induction for new starters.
- Securing a culture of continuous professional development for all, where learning and development activity is closely linked to individual, team and organisational priorities.
- Creating a reflective culture of open communication and feedback within the management team, facilitating constructive team meetings, ensuring staff adhere to team decisions and are focussed on outcomes for the students.
- Ensuring that performance management systems and processes are robust, fit for purpose and explicitly linked to improvement priorities and pay progression.
- Ensuring that performance reviews are undertaken in a timely manner and that target setting is of high quality, is relevant and plays a key role in securing continuous improvement.
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and other agencies in providing for the academic, spiritual, moral, social, emotional and cultural well-being of students and their families
- Co-operating and working with relevant agencies to safeguard the children and young people.
- Ensuring Annual Reviews are completed in a timely manner and stakeholders informed of any EHCP changes
- To be able to contribute to the development of college education by, for example, sharing effective practice, working in partnership with other establishments and agencies and promoting innovative initiatives.
- Promoting the health and safety of the children and young people and staff in line with the Policy for Health, Safety and Welfare at Work.
- Ensuring there is a robust and effective assessment process for assessing prospective students and continued assessment of continuing students.
- Ensuring that all major risks to which operations may be exposed are identified and that adequate controls put in place to reduce, mitigate or eliminate them.
- Successful experience of leadership, Curriculum Leader/VP/Deputy within the Special Education sector.
- Substantial experience of working with young people with SEND.
- Evidence of relevant continuous professional development.
- Experience of OFSTED visits and guidance.
- Experience of and Curriculum, RARPA and relevant qualifications.
This role is a September Start but the College will like to start the interview process now.