South East London, London
£350 - £400 per day
13 days ago
1. To redesign the bundle of services that sit in this area into one broad inclusion and early intervention service.
2. To ensure that the admissions team efficiently manages the coordinated admissions inyear admissions processes for both primary and secondary admissions and in doing so that good relationships are maintained with all schools and academies in Bromley.
3. To produce an annual admissions report to committee.
4. To oversee the management of the Fair Access Panel, acting as chair of the panel and overseeing managed moves, permanent exclusions and in-year admissions.
5. To act as strategic lead for the Educational Welfare Service, ensuring that the statutory court role is efficient and effective and to develop the traded element of the service, ensuring that The council is able to fulfill its statutory responsibility of acting as a champion for all children and families.
6. To take strategic responsibility for Children Missing Education.
7. To ensure that the LA fulfils its statutory duty in respect of permanently excluded children, with the ambition of keeping permanent exclusions to a minimum.
8. To maintain an excellent working partnership with The Bromley Trust Academy (formally the pupil referral unit) and take responsibility for oversight and renegotiation of the contract.
9. To develop and maintain good working partnerships with Headteachers and Governors/Trust Boards with respect to access and inclusion issues.
10. To work in collaboration with children's social care colleagues to develop a robust model to support schools in keeping children safe. This will include jointly overseeing the work of the schools safeguarding officer.
11. To manage the commissioning of alternative provision, having responsibility for commissioning, budgets and quality assurance.
12. As the LA lead on inclusion (ensuring that all children and young people are engaged in education), to contribute to the emerging Participation Strategy and chair the Children Out Of Mainstream Education (COOME) panel. 1
3. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Department / Section. To ensure that customers are given every opportunity to understand the Council's policies and procedures by publishing user-friendly information and addressing public meetings.
14.To champion the rights of children and families, ensuring that pupils and parents are appropriately represented and obtain high levels of satisfaction
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV.