Up to £42 per hour
9 days ago
The primary purpose of this role is to:
* Directly manage a multi-disciplinary social work team and to support the implement the strategic planning of the service.
* To provide leadership management in the delivery of efficient operation services to ensure the delivery of high quality, fully integrated services to children, young people and their families in line with the requirements of national legislation (including government regulation, local policy and best practice.
* Provide direct oversight and decision-making on highly complex cases within the Group, and across the service area as required and to take a lead on key areas such as managing allegations against professionals, missing children, Newly Qualified social work development, etc.
* Deputise for the Group Manager/Team managers across the service
* Financial decision making and accountability for team budget within the agreed budgetary limits. Working with the wider management team to inform commissioning and market management/development to ensure service provision meets local need and delivers improving outcomes for children and families and value for money
* To be responsible for assigned projects
* Responsible for the HR management, performance and resource allocation for the team .and to manage the ongoing development of the service through the continuous improvement and performance management structures
* Support Face to Face working and guide collaborative partnership working with multi-agencies and across other social work teams.in providing high-level professional support to front line social work staff /advanced SW Practitioners
Team Managers is the Intervention Support Service (ISS)
* Responsible for the management and oversight of cases in the team relating to children aged 0-17 who are in need, children in need of protection, and looked after children. This includes the management and operational leadership in care proceedings, on sexual exploitation, unaccompanied minors and asylum seekers, and missing children.
Team Managers in MASH and Assessment
* Responsible for ensuring that all safeguarding referrals are dealt with in a timely and effective manner and ensure that decisions on referrals are of a high quality following good information sharing from agencies.
* Responsible for ensuring that thresholds for services are consistently applied across agencies and ensure families are referred onto the most appropriate service at the first point of contact.
* Develop relevant, effective and easily accessible services, working in close partnership with schools, community health facilities and the voluntary sector to provide support services through a wide range of venues. In partnership with these and other stakeholders, to develop and provide preventative and targeted support services.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.