Up to £500 per day + Inside IR35
7 days ago
The purpose of this role is to;
- Ensure that Managers, Directors and Members, within a defined portfolio are provided with high quality strategic advice and direction on financial strategies, policy, standards, practices and legislative changes.
- Pre-empt financial risks and issues, devise mitigations and solutions, and support the relevant service departments in the implementation of these.
- Delivering a key role in support of the Head of Finance and Business Partnering in the Council's development of the Medium Term Financial Strategy, through advising, challenging and guiding senior colleagues across a portfolio; whilst ensuring that all the proposals comply with corporate policies and the Borough Plan.
- Undertake longer term financial modelling and planning, ensuring that the Council benchmarks against the best in class in the pursuit of excellence.
- Delivering effective management of the relevant team of accountancy professionals, acting as a mentor, providing excellent leadership, clear guidance on team priorities and ensuring that team members are adequately trained and adhere to continued professional development.
- To support the Head of Finance and Business Partnering across a defined portfolio of service finance areas, working with Directorate Management Teams.
- In the absence of the Head of Finance, provide Finance Representation at Priority, Programme and Project Boards, including transformation boards.
- Work with Senior Managers to determine policy responses to Legislative and Demographic Change.
- Review Benchmarking Information and Identify Action Plans for Savings.
- To support services in identification of funding sources for projects and preparation of bidding documentation.
- Partnership working and negotiation with organisations such as the GLA and CCG including pooled budget arrangements.
- Ensure Expenditure is in Line with Corporate Priorities and that budgets are set on this basis.
- Ensure budget monitoring position is understood and mitigating corrective action taken where an overspend is projected.
- High Level Understanding of Costs and Benefits of Alternative Delivery Options.
- Clearance of certain Committee Reports / Provision of Finance Comments.
- In the absence of the Head of Finance attend Committee meetings.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role in the Public Sector.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.