Hammersmith and Fulham, London
£38 - £40 per annum
3 months ago
- To chair looked after children reviews effectively to ensure that permanency plans are developed and reviewed in the child's best interests.
- To ensure that conflict resolution, safeguarding alerts and practice alerts are raised where appropriate to the case.
- To enable the child to have a voice in proceedings, meeting beforehand to discuss with them the issues they want to have raised.
- To ensure that parents have an opportunity to make their views known during the course of the meeting and are clear about any recommendations and plans are made involving them and their family.
- To bring those meetings to a close summarising the position reached and making any decision clearly, and requesting all actions from professionals as appropriate.
- To ensure that all papers are available to all participants in the times required, working with co-ordinators to enable this to happen.
- To make decisions to defer the meeting when there is insufficient information on which to make recommendations.
- To ensure that dates for subsequent meetings fit within the statutory timescales for reviews.
- To be part of a Safeguarding, Review and Quality Assurance duty system to ensure that all issues are dealt with in a timely way
- To chair conflict resolution meetings involving families and professionals where required.
- To chair other meetings as and when required
- To develop, maintain and comply with efficient and effective systems to ensure compliance with procedures and recording systems
- Undertake the required monitoring of process's within required timescales
- To develop, maintain and comply with efficient and effective systems to ensure compliance with procedures and recording systems.
- Responsibility for carrying out and developing an auditing programme, and sharing practice and learning across the service
- To undertake reviews of individual cases as and when required, to audit cases locally to ensure safety of practice, and to provide feedback to social workers and their managers to enable improvements within Family Services.
- To provide information to help form a view about practice across the authority so that improvements can be made.
- To be available for consultation and advice on case matters when required, taking a lead role, where appropriate
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.