Hammersmith and Fulham, London
Up to £450 per day
2 months ago
Managing team of risk assessors / surveyors and overseeing the work of consultants whilst providing fire safety surveying expertise, support and advice to ensure LBHF housing stock is inspected, managed and maintained in accordance with the Fire safety Act, Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and any other appropriate Health and Safety Legislation.
- Provide specialist professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service, including undertaking the role of professional or expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings etc.
- Undertake and produce Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs) for LBHF housing stock and tenant meeting rooms, identifying all fire related risks and raise orders to repair and maintenance contractors to remedy risks and rectify identified minor breaches.
- Prepare a programme of FRA inspections in accordance with the regulatory reform order taking account of appropriate risk of different stock archetypes.
- Undertake desk top reviews of Fire Risk assessments at planned intervals as per policy requirements
- Undertake quality assurance of specialist contractors undertaking FRA's
- Monitor Repairs and Maintenance contractor's work, inspect completed works and ensure standards are to the highest quality. Follow up unacceptable performance with contractors to ensure issues are remedied.
- Identify technical solutions and develop planned programmes of Fire Safety Works in accordance with LBHF Asset Management Strategy.
- Prepare specifications of works for one off projects as required to ensure that LBHF is fully compliant with current statutory Health & Safety and Fire regulations.
- Work closely with the Planned and Capital Team and post inspect quality of work undertaken during planned programmes.
- Undertake regular random inspections within the housing stock to ensure that fire safety signage and communal areas are free of rubbish or tenants possessions.
- Work with the London Fire Brigade's inspector responsible for auditing LBHF Fire Risk Assessments. Undertake joint inspections on selected buildings, identify remedies, monitor works and produce reports on the results to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Deal with enforcement notices issued by the London Fire Brigade, organising remedial works and prepare formal responses to the fire brigade.
- Provide advice to and audit/inspect repair and maintenance contractor's works so that approved materials and products are used across the stock.
- Provide advice and training to Repair and Maintenance contractors to ensure that necessary compartmentalisation works are identified and undertaken during voids
- Provide advice and training to colleagues in HRD and other housing management partners on Fire Safety Management
- Prepare and give presentations to tenants and leaseholders on fire safety and prepare articles and advice on fire safety for inclusion within resident's newsletters.
- Meet with vulnerable tenants to provide them with advice on fire safety.
- Assist the Health and Safety manager in developing, reviewing and maintaining Fire Safety strategies, policies and a Fire Safety database.
- Prepare reports on fire safety as and when required.
- Prioritise and deal with all resident complaints and members enquiries in accordance with the Council's timescales and standards and aim to resolve them to the customer's satisfaction.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.