Hammersmith and Fulham, London
about 1 month ago
As a member of the council's senior management team, to contribute proactively to the collective leadership for the council, working collaboratively with Members, services across the council, partners and stakeholders to deliver the council's objectives and priorities. To drive positive cultural change, embodying and promoting the values and behaviours of the council and empowering staff to reach their full potential. Ensure that the performance and development framework is effective for all staff. To lead on and ensure the effective implementation of corporate initiatives and transformation programmes that cut across the whole or part of the council's activities.
Duties will be;
- To provide strategic leadership to the Housing Management Division, delivering services to 17,000 homes - leasehold and general needs, ensuring an excellent quality customer focused housing service to all tenants and leaseholders and ensuring residents are at the heart of the service and delivering continuous improvement.
- To have overall responsibility for the Housing Strategy and subsequent strategies ensuring strong, effective partnerships - internally and externally. Leading teams delivering and implementing the Housing strategy including: Homelessness Prevention and Assessment, rough sleeping reduction, Supported Housing Commissioning, Allocation Policies and Lettings, Neighbourhood Services, Sheltered Services, Financial Inclusion, providing strategic leadership, comprehensive business planning, target setting and performance objectives
- Ensure the service drives value and performance from procurement and contract management, delivering effective financial and budget management
- Provide clear strategic and operational leadership to the delivery of Hammersmith and Fulham's housing related services and investment.
- Drive cultural and organisation change to develop a strong distinctive performance culture and commitment to resident satisfaction (tenants and leaseholders)
- Lead and bring together different teams under one dedicated service to provide a range of resident focused services
- Have a thorough understanding of the legislative context relating to the Council's statutory obligations, including the regulatory framework for social housing, homelessness, health and safety, welfare reform and fire safety, to provide appropriate Member briefing and translation of legislation to ensure effective, relevant and responsive service delivery. Providing Members and the Executive with the open and timely information that they need to maintain effective oversight of the Division.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.