£25 - £27.14 per hour
21 days ago
Our client, Halton Borough Council is looking for a qualified social worker to join their children in care team.
- Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
- Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
- Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
- Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
- Recognised by peers as a source of reliable knowledge and advise others
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.