£40 - £41.12 per hour
10 days ago
Our client, Halton Borough Council is looking for a social worker to join a Duty & Assessment Project Team
Main Purpose of the Job
Within the framework of legislation, agreed policies and procedures to work with, or on behalf of, individuals and families, to assist them to resolve their personal problems and adjust to, or change, their social environment in order to improve the quality of life.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assess the need for social work service including the identification of risk and the need for protection, and determine the method of intervention.
- Decide or advise on the use of appropriate social services and/or other resources.
- Liaise and negotiate with other professionals, statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure that the best possible service is provided for clients
- Manage an allocated workload within individual and group priorities and policies.
- Comply with the statutory obligations of the group.
- Maintain appropriate records of work undertaken and carry out required administrative procedures.
- Prepare for, and attend, supervision sessions and staff meetings and make use of all available training and developmental opportunities.
- Contribute to the evaluation and developments of services and new ideas by sharing knowledge about theory, skills and practice with other social services staff, professional groups and interested bodies.
- Develop and provide a training resource for social workers, support staff and carers.
- Supervise students where appropriate.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time, which are commensurate with the grade of the job.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.