£350 - £400 per day
24 days ago
Duties will be;
- To effectively apply an in depth knowledge of large-scale procurement projects within a Housing, Planning and Economic Development context, to ensure the Economy department gets value for money from its procurement exercises, whilst ensuring full compliance and minimising the risk of procurement challenge.
- To ensure that the Economy department achieves the best possible value for money from its procurement by selecting the most effective procurement routes, drafting robust tender documentation, and carrying out best practice tender evaluation and moderation exercises. The Governance and Commissioning Officer will be responsible for directly delivering the most strategic procurement exercises within the Economy Department.
- To represent LBHF in liaisons with external providers during tenders, particularly during Competitive Negotiation exercises.
- The Governance and Commissioning Officer will be responsible for advising, supporting and building the capacity of department managers to carry out less strategic procurement exercises where the Governance and Commissioning Officer will not be directly overseeing the procurement.
- The Governance and Commissioning Officer will review all tender documentation related to their portfolio of Economy department procurement projects to ensure that all tenders are set up to succeed and that the risk of procurement challenge is minimised.
- To support colleagues in the Governance and Commissioning Team, and managers across the Economy department, in the drafting of documents necessary to carry out procurement exercises. These include procurement strategies, Cabinet reports, OJEU notices, Invitation To Tender documentation, Tender Award/Feedback letters, and Contract Award reports. In particular, the Governance and Commissioning Officer will be expected to have expertise in drafting robust Tender Award/Feedback letters that minimise the risk of challenge.
- To work with Economy department managers to promote the use of the department's own procurement frameworks and ensure that they are being used correctly. The Governance and Commissioning Officer will assist managers to run mini-competitions or do direct awards in the correct way.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.