£75 - £85 per day
about 2 months ago
**Graduate Opportunities - SEN Teaching Assistant - Greenwich - South East London - Full-time Immediate - April 2021**
We are looking for recent university graduates with special needs support experience for 1:1 SEN TA roles in an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' special needs primary school in Greenwich.
The school are appointing graduates for bank/ad-hoc and full-time special needs teaching assistant positions. This is ideal for graduates who are looking for long term positions both immediately and from April 2021.
Having experience supporting children or young people 1:1 with autism, severe learning difficulties, physical and/or medical needs is essential due to the varying needs of their pupils.
The school is well known in the London Borough of Greenwich for staff development and links to special needs organisations and groups across the borough.
What they will offer:
- Specialist twilight training sessions on site on a termly basis
- Warm, supportive and friendly working environment
- Competitive pay paid on a weekly basis
- Access to state-of-the-art resources and facilities as sensory rooms, hydrotherapy pool and soft play areas
- Permanent opportunities
What will be expected of you:
- Experience supporting children/young people with autism, severe learning disabilities, physical or medical needs
- Confidence supporting primary aged children 1:1 with learning and therapy sessions
- Confidence managing behaviours that may be associated with autism and learning difficulties
- Supporting children with personal care or moving and handling support where required
- Collaboration in class and across the school with both Senior Leadership, class teachers, therapists and SEN TAs
- Availability a minimum of 3 days a week Monday to Friday 8:30-4:00pm
Additional training/qualifications beneficial within this school position:
- Recent University degree (preferably from an UK University)
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
- Makaton or Signalong
- Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA)
- Team Teach
- Moving and Handling (children/adults)
- Personal Care/Hygiene
TO APPLY - send your updated CV today to be considered. All applicants will require a DBS to work with children on the update service and be able to provide relevant references and documentation.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
Remedy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.