£70 - £75 per day
4 days ago
Are you confident, patient and empathetic? Have you considered a career in primary education? Do you want to transform the future of some of society's most vulnerable groups? Then why not consider a career as an SEN Teaching Assistant?
The role will see you build good relationships with children who have mild to severe learning difficulties, emotional and behavioural difficulties, ranging from Autism Spectrum Conditions, Down's Syndrome, sensory impairments, ADHD to Global Delay. All children are different, but empathy and enthusiasm are essential.
Duties include (but aren't limited to):
- 1:1 support with a child or small group
- Supporting the whole class as well as 1:1
- Assisting the class teacher
- Communicating with parents
- Leading group sessions
- Caring and looking after children during break times and lunch times
- Supervising children during activities
- Helping prepare lessons in advance
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Being a brilliant motivator and role model
- It can be challenging but ultimately is one of the most rewarding careers you can have transforming the future of some of society's most marginalised.
So what's in it for you?
- Gain first-hand experience in a SEN setting and enhance your CV
- CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Training Courses
- Unrivalled career progression - this is a fantastic first step towards becoming a SEN teacher or a SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator long-term)
- Receive support, advice and guidance from experienced members of staff
- n opportunity to transform a child's life and help them reach their full potential
- Work alongside friendly staff that are keen to aid children's development
Graduates or a Level 3 Qualification is ideal. Even if you have no direct SEN experience, volunteer work, tutoring or charity work will all be considered.
The demand for SEN Teaching Assistants has risen in schools across South East London, a significant amount of which we continue to develop excellent relationships with. So, there's no better time to start your career in primary education than right now!
If you are interested in hearing more about this position please contact Sophie@ Remedy education