2 months ago
Fire Safety Contract Manager
To maximise fire safety in residential social housing stock through ensuring that Fire Risk Assessments are carried out and follow up recommendations delivered to the required standard. In addition, the role involves working with all stakeholders within and outside the council to ensure that best practice is implemented and the profile of fire safety is raised.
- Council complies with its legal obligations as a landlord in relation to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Maximisation of Residents safety in relation to fire by ensuring; any fire risks are identified and attended to promptly;
- Managing planned capital works and reactive repairs relating to fire safety.
- Review Fire Risk Assessments and prioritising recommended actions within timescales.
- Training housing and estate services staff of fire safety best practice and responsibilities; guiding and informing residents.
- Ensuring all stakeholders including contractors and stakeholders are aware of the requirements of the RR(FS)O and their responsibilities in this regard.
The post holder will be required to work with contractors, housing management, estate services, the London Fire Brigade, residents and their representatives on a regular basis. They will be required to visit properties and residents in their homes.
The post holder will work with other Fire Safety Contract Managers in managing a programme of works across the housing stock, producing fire safety information and assist in training staff on the requirements and responsibilities of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Contact Ross on 02084187677