£105 - £125 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are looking for a Finance and HR Assistant to join a fantastic school based in Southwark.
You will be required to work 35 hours per week - term time only, + 2 weeks (the 2 weeks aren't set, but the days will be spread across the school breaks throughout the year).
The successful candidate will provide vital assistance to the Finance Officer, School Business Leader and Senior Leaders in ensuring the smooth running of the Finance and HR functions. Main duties include PO/ Invoice processing, trip booking, canteen balance monitoring, processing overtime claim forms, assisting in recruitment; alongside other tasks.
This is a new position within the school and one you will really be able to make your own
There is excellent scope for development and progression!
- Process purchase orders and invoices as required
- Assist in booking trips, overseeing payments and providing any required support
- Process any cash on a weekly basis and regularly complete the banking
- Monitor student canteen balances, chase up those who owe any money and facilitate resolving any parent or student queries
- Assist the Finance Officer in the preparation for month end
- Assist the Finance Officer and School Business Leader in the preparation for audit and year-end
- Support the Finance Officer, School Business Leader and Operations Officer with any other finance related tasks as and when required
- Process monthly overtime claims or any other ad-hoc payroll payments
- Process pre-employment checks (DBS, Medical, system set up, etc)
- Assist the Executive Assistant in the posting job adverts, receiving applications and preparing for/ facilitating job interviews.
- Assist the Executive Assistant with creating reports on staff absence and facilitating return to work interviews
- Process staff absence requests and support creating cover
- Assist with sourcing short and long term agency placements
- Support the Executive Assistant, School Business Leader and Operations Officer with any other HR related tasks as and when required
What the employer is looking for:
- An understanding of finance and HR
- Proven experience of being able to manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to be organised, flexible and work calmly in a busy school environment
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Positive attitude to change
What's in it for you?
- Salary: £105 - £125 per day
- An ambitious school which also cares about staff wellbeing and a work life balance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A very generous Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for career development
Hours - 8:30am - 4.15pm (Mon-Thu) and 8:30am - 4pm (Fri)
Remedy Education is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Full details available on our website.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.