£70 - £95 per day
about 1 month ago
Remedy Education are currently looking for a Early Years SEN Teacher assistant with strong experience with non verbal and ASD.
A fantastic opportunity to work in outstanding primary schools has become available. You will be expected to work with young children helping develop their personality and pushing their creative side in a positive direction. Creativity is at the centre of teaching and learning at this school, and it focuses on encouraging contribution. Respect, Empathy and Courage are some of the key visions and values, along with having high expectations of success.
You would be dealing with 1:1 situation, small group activities and assisting the whole class also, when necessary you will be assisting with mild SEN and supporting the classroom teacher with lesson plans and activities.
This SEN Teaching Assistant role would consist of working in the classroom with the child with Mild Autism. As the 1:1 SEN Teaching assistant you will need to ensure their needs are met and they are not overwhelmed, including during interventions such as Social Skills, Speech, Life skills and Attention Autism.
For this role, you will ideally need to:
- have previous experience working with children, or young adults, with ASD and complex needs
- confidence in dealing with students with different abilities and SEND requirement
- good interpersonal and communicational skills
- ideally, confidence in implementing support techniques, such as PEC's & Makaton, ABA and Phonics
- Strong communication skills are important to the management of your classroom. You should brush up on your verbal and non-verbal communication skills to effectively show your students what appropriate classroom behaviour means. This Teaching Assistant for Non-Verbal and Verbal Children is designed to provide you with theoretical knowledge and an abundance of practical skills and ideas to support children and young people with autism and/or social communication needs