about 1 month ago
Executive Nursery Manager
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious Early Years' Leader to take on an influential leadership role in a growing nursery setting. We are currently seeking to appoint an Executive Nursery Manager to take responsibility for the overall strategic vision, direction and leadership of a Nursery in Ilford. They will provide professional leadership and management of Nursery Managers and give the necessary support and guidance to enable them to deliver the highest standards of care and education. We are a strong, experienced, hard-working and friendly staff team. We provide a nurturing and safe environment in which children thrive as they learn. If you are an excellent Nursery leader looking for an exciting opportunity to help the nurseries to grow and develop please do get in touch.
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are eager to learn
- Excellent career development
- Bespoke training programmes
- Free School Lunch when eating with the children
- Discount for your child attending our nurseries
- Opportunities to earn additional holiday through excellent service
- Loyalty bonus
- Retention incentives
- Annual pay reviews
- Apprenticeships available
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- The professional leadership and management of Nursery Managers
- Ensuring that all children attending the nursery receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Ensuring that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Having an overview of the daily operations of the nursery group in order to ensure the health and safety of all children, their parents and carers, the team and any visitors to the nurseries.
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are strictly adhered to across the nursery group.
- Control of costs in line with agreed budgets
- Facilitating inspections by regulatory bodies and implementing any recommendations.
- Agreeing and delivering occupancy targets.
- Monitoring and supporting the managers with new admissions to the nursery group.
- The recruitment, induction, support, training and appraisal all staff alongside the managers to ensure delivery of high quality childcare practice.
- Developing a well-qualified and experienced team able to meet and exceed all relevant standards.
- Proactively representing the nursery group and advancing its interests in the local community.
- Working in partnership with senior management to create, update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plans for the nurseries within the group.
Do you have:
- At least a Level 3 government recognised EYFS qualification
- GCSEs in Maths and English Grade A-C
- A good level of applied literacy and numeracy skills
- A minimum of 4 years' experience of working in a management capacity in a group day care setting for children aged 0-5 years
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards and experience of good and or outstanding inspections
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Thorough with strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Resilience, i.e. maturity, ability to cope with pressure and difficult situations
- Self-confidence with strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to acquire new skills and undertake further training when necessary
- An enjoyment of working collaboratively as a member of a team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.