£400 - £450 per hour
18 days ago
Our client, Essex Council is looking for a Project Manager to join the "Device as a Service (DaaS)" team.
Candidates must have experience in the delivery of transformation of End User Compute Services/Computer Estate Refresh, with experience of working to procure and deploy a catalogue of devices and services that meet organisational need. The ability to plan and schedule such activities will be key, with the ability to develop successful business cases, including determining, project cost, risk and dependencies, being essential skills for this urgent piece of work.
- Responsible for managing a project, which contributes to ECC's strategic aims, to deliver agreed outcomes within time and cost constraints.
- Responsible for undertaking day to day management of both the project and the project team.
- Responsible for ensuring a robust business case has been agreed ensuring expertise and specialist knowledge has contributed to the development of the business case in order to align project deliverables to the organisation's expectations.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring the project progress to ensure this stays within the agreed budget. Set out resource requirements in order to be prioritised by the Portfolio/Programme Manager.
- Responsible for managing, leading and motivating a team and ensuring current capability is matched against project requirements. This incorporates support and coaching for individuals and the team, as appropriate, in order to develop a high performing team.
- Responsible for ensuring agreement with customers of quantified benefits to be realised & metrics required to monitor impact. Designing and actively managing the project plan to ensure the outcomes are achieved.
- Responsible for highlighting project risks and issues and ways in which these can be mitigated and escalated as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring effective Change Management processes are in place and changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders are documented.
- Responsible for ensuring an effective governance and assurance framework is in place to support decision making and ensure regular reporting on progress through pro-active engagement with project sponsors. Work collaboratively with and manage internal stakeholder relationships together with external partners.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area, such as, APM practitioner or Prince 2.
- Evidence of having successfully completed numerous projects and experienced contributing to a range of other projects and/or programmes.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of individuals at different levels within a complex organisation and engaging with them, finding ways to overcome obstacles.
- Experience of working within or knowledge of the public sector is an advantage.
- Good management skills in leading and managing a team and evidence of developing others.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.