East London, London
£41 - £41.50 per hour
5 days ago
Overall Purpose of Job
The aim of the Enablement service is to work with customers for a short period of time to aid recovery and enable people to live as independently as possible in their own homes - for as long as possible. For those who require longer term support, the service will work creatively, flexibly and swiftly to enable a proactive and enabling care act assessment to be carried out, if required, after the enablement episode.
Our client recognises it is time to modernise the service and create a seamless service that fits neatly with our Adult Social Care assessment and care management pathways. The Enablement service should be a significant part of this pathway.
The post holder will lead on a full review of the service and put in place a transformation plan for improvement,
You will be the Registered Manager and you will be responsible for the operational day to day management of the in-house Enablement service, ensuring the continued compliance with relevant legislation.
In addition to the Enablement service, there are other care service elements that the post holder may manage. This includes (but not exhaustive) care pilots, specialist cleaning, Telecare.
Overall responsibility for:
- Managing the daily operation of the Enablement service including line-management of staff.
- Ensuring that the service is meeting CQC requirements and remains compliant - with a clear, achievable vision for "destination outstanding" outcome.
- Be the main point of contact with the Local Authority, GP's, healthcare professionals and service user's families.
- The recruitment and retention of staff and leading the team to deliver an outstanding service.
- The ongoing improvement of the service to provide a modern, cost-efficient, high performing care service.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
- The post holder has overall line management responsibility for up to 10 staff and overall management responsibility for approximately 70 staff.
- The post holder will undertake a full and thorough review of the service to ensure that it works in a proactive way at the "front door" of the customer journey, and is involved with existing customers who have changing needs. To implement and delivery a transformation plan, ensuring the service continually reviews and adapts to the demands of our customers.
- Develop and implement a high performing, ambitious service plan to provide a modern, cost efficient, high performing care service. To prepare for developments as we work closely with the NHS to advance and Integrated Care System.
- To review and manage a suite of high level key performance indicators
- Hold budget responsibility for up to £1,000,000
- The post holder has specific health and safety and risk management responsibilities for customers and staff within the team.
- The post holder has responsibility for ensuring that the enablement team consistently meets the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
- To meet the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 to obtain Registered Manager status.
- To meet the requirements of the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 (Regulations 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 22A)
- The post holder is expected to work flexibly in line with the Council's improved ways of working policies and to demonstrate ICT competencies and compliance with the Council's electronic systems. They will be expected to embed this principle within the team.
- The post holder will be required to work some evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet the requirements of this 7 day a week service, and in order to ensure appropriate representation of the Council with residents, the Mayor and elected members, and external bodies.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV.