WL - EEA_1526463621
8 months ago
Employer Engagement Advisor - SEN School - Enfield - September 2018 Start
My superb client based in the heart of Enfield is looking to recruit an Employer Engagement Advisor to join their supported internship programme.
The supported internship programme is for young people aged 16-24 who have additional needs and are able and ready to move into employment but require extra support in doing so.
The post holder will report directly to the Independence, Business and Partnerships Manager to ensure that we maximise employment opportunities for young people aged 16-24 with special educational needs and/or disabilities in Enfield.
As the Employer Engagement Advisor you will identify and secure employers which match the skills, experience and asspirations of the interns and then develop and broker effective working relationships between intern and employers in order to secure them paid employment at the end of the programme.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out employer recruitment for a caseload of interns.
- Health and Safety vetting
- Intern recruitment
- Monitoring progression and ensuring access to high quality advice and guidance for interns and employers around employment related matters
- Willingness to undertake both on and off the job training when deemed necessary - Essential
- Hold a qualification in coaching, mentoring or independent travel training - Desirable
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant work related field - Desirable
- Have experience of working with external agencies/employers liasing regularly with key stakeholders - Essential
- Experience of organising and managing a caseload of clients with complex needs - Essential
- Experience of delivering results and meeting targets in a face paced environment to deadline - Essential
- Highly effective use of IT systems to support strategic functions - Essential
- Be able to support, motivate and inspire others - Essential
- Full clean UK driving licence - Essential
My client is a specialist sports college and innovative school based over three campuses where everyone is valued and included. Everything they do is focussed on providing 'Learning for Life' for pupils aged 4-24 with special educational needs.
Their ethos is centred towards innovation, independence and inclusion. Placing great importance on personalised learning, our curriculum is built around literacy, communication, numeracy, ICT, independence, health, creativity and confidence. Our aim is to equip each pupil with a 'suitcase' of skills to help them progress on to further education and into the world of work.
With caring teachers and support staff, they offer a safe, secure learning environment and meet the daily pastoral and academic needs of all our pupils. With classes based over three campuses, each providing a distinct pathway to learning and development, we provide outstanding levels of encouragement and support.
If you feel this is the right role for you then please feel free to contact Hollie Myers at Remedy Education on 020-8418-1390