East London, London
Up to £350 per day
about 2 months ago
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This post exists to support the efficient and cost effective procurement of externally provided services delivered to, and on behalf of, the Council. This includes the provision of services by independent trading units operated by the Council.
More specifically the post holder will lead on the procurement work stream for a range of major and strategically significant contracts within a designated Category area of expenditure.
Working in liaison with the Project Sponsor and Project Board/Team, support will be provided through:
- The provision of advice to the Project Sponsor and Project Board/Team on the Council's procurement processes and best practice with regards to the commercial aspects of procurement activities,
- Leading on project management of the procurement work-stream,
- Sourcing the provider,
- Drafting tender and contract documents including support for the development of requirement specification
- Managing the contract award process
The Post holder will be expected to specialise (although not exclusively) on contracting activity within certain categories of spend or certain classes of contract activity so as to gain familiarly with specialist service considerations
- To organise and deliver all work on time and to agreed quality standards.
- To ensure all work undertaken is compliant with Council policies and practice, and statutory requirements.
- To enable a performance orientated approach and culture, for example by drawing up and implementing project plans and work plans to facilitate the achievement of Council and Category strategies and objectives.
- To consistently apply the Council's Human Resource Standards and Equality Standards. To promote equality of opportunity and collaborative working as appropriate across the Council.
- To have a keen awareness of the role of procurement within the Council's organisational context, and a commitment to the Council's organisational values and beliefs.
- To have a keen awareness of the wider picture, including Council's Corporate Plan and Key Deliverables.
- To communicate in a clear, confident and authoritative manner that is in line with established policies and practices of the Council.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.