North London, London
about 1 month ago
Interested in a career in primary education?
Are you passionate about supporting children at the beginning stages of their education?
Then look no further than our Early Years Teaching Assistant role!
The role as an Early Years Teaching Assistant will see you support and nurture children in Nursery and Reception, while giving you the opportunity to gain more classroom experience.
To thrive as an EYFS TA, it's essential that you have:
- A positive, caring, energetic, can-do attitude
- Good subject knowledge of English and Maths
- The ability to monitor and record a child's progress
- An understanding of safeguarding children
- A genuine interest in aiding children's development
- Previous experience working with children
- SEN experience (preferred)
Duties include (but aren't limited to):
- 1:1 support with a child or small group
- Supporting the whole class
- Assisting the class teacher
- Communicating with parents
- Caring and looking after children during break times and lunch times
- Supervising children during activities
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Motivating children and being an excellent role model
So, what's in it for you?
- Gain first-hand experience in a school setting and enhance your CV
- Receive support, advice and guidance from experienced members of staff
- An opportunity to transform a child's life and help them reach their full potential
- Work alongside friendly staff that are keen to aid children's development
Graduates or applicants holding an NVQ/ Level 2/3 qualification in Childcare are welcome, as are experienced TA's. Personality, ambition, energy and a can-do attitude will be favoured regardless of academic background for this role.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position please do not hesitate in contacting ZEKI MEHMET @Remedy Education