£300 - £350 per day
about 1 month ago
Purpose of role:
To provide a competent, pragmatic, professional health and safety advisory and support service to Council services and monitor compliance through audits and inspections. To aid in the development, implementation, promotion, review and monitoring of the Councils Health and Safety Management System, associated policies and procedures.
Key objectives of the role are:
* To ensure that the Council remains compliant with health and safety legislation and requirements.
* To audit and inspect service units / council teams to monitor and highlight area of non-compliance or unsafe working practices. To work with managers and staff following audits to rectify issues highlighted.
* To be customer focused and influential in the development of a positive safety culture.
* To advise on the interpretation, application and enforcement of relevant health, safety and fire safety legislation, best practice and industry guidance.
* To be a key member of the Corporate Health and Safety team delivering efficient and effective health and safety services including, where applicable, to the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPIs).
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.