Hammersmith and Fulham, London
19 days ago
Dutch-speaking Teaching Assistant - Hammersmith, West London
Remedy Education are currently looking to recruit a teaching assistant that speaks Dutch for a student in an alternate provision education setting North West London.
Teaching assistants support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom. In secondary schools, teaching assistants are often known as learning support assistants.
The roles and responsibilities of teaching assistants are varied and differ between schools. Your job can include:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training carrying out administrative tasks
- To support pupils with particular individual needs, some teaching assistants work one-to-one, while others work in small groups.
To be accepted for this position you do need a valid enhanced DBS.