24 days ago
Are you a Drama Graduate or an Actor?
As a Drama Graduate you want to make a positive contribution to our children's learning and development?
Are you looking for rewarding work as a Drama Graduate?
I am actively looking for a passionate Drama Graduates to support our children and young people with special needs in school settings. I work with many actors and drama graduates and I can offer flexible days' work depending on your circumstance. You can choose to work on a daily, weekly, or termly basis.
- Drama Graduate / Actor
- Flexible Days' Work Available; Can choose to work daily, weekly, or full-time (term-time only)
- Working Hours: 8:30am - 4pm
- Working as a SEND Learning Support Assistant
- Supporting children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Prestigious SEND schools and mainstream in Newham, East London
- Proactively engaging and interacting with children in their play-based and sensory-related learning activities in a classroom setting
- Daily rate £85 - £90 depending on experience; weekly payment
Successful Drama Graduate:
- Has experience working with TIE or workshops with children
- Has experience supporting children or people with Special Educational Needs
- Has personal interests in supporting children with Special Educational Needs
- Has no experience supporting children or young people with Special Educational Needs but is eager to learn
- A positive and proactive individual who has a can-do attitude and is willing to learn
- A team player and able to build up good working relationships with students and staff
As a successful Drama Graduate, you will support students with Autism/ASC (Autistic Spectrum Condition), Speech and Language Communication Needs (SLCN), Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD), complex needs, Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), or Severe to Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (SLD/PMLD). Some of the students are non-verbal and with such a wide range of learning difficulties, and students are supported by a multidisciplinary team including Physiotherapists, Art therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists. Some students will have physical disabilities and are wheelchair users.
- Available during school hours (8:30am until 4pm)
- Flexible to travel within an hour by public transport or car
- Have recent experience and a genuine passion for working with SEN pupils
- Must hold a current enhanced DBS on the update service
- Able to provide 2 professional references covering the last 2 years
- Must have right to work in the UK
Drama Graduate | Actor | SEND Job | Newham East London | ASAP Start