Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£34 - £38 per hour
11 days ago
Our client, Doncaster Council is looking for a full time AMHP to join their team.
To provide a high quality, integrated, effective, Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) service in line with legal and statutory obligations under the Mental Health Act (MHA, 1983, amended 2007), national guidance and local policy. The post holder will be a core member of the Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) Service. They will provide the required S114 (MHA 1983) statutory AMHP cover during the day time hours and will be part of the out of hours back up rota and therefore provide some cover to the Out Of Hours AMHP service as and when required to cover annual leave etc. The role will involve carrying out statutory assessments under the Mental Health Act (MHA, 1983; 2007).
Duties and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities and duties will include:
- To carry out and manage the process of MHA assessments, consistent with legal and statutory obligations including identification and implementation of least restrictive options and identification, engagement and support of Nearest Relatives when undertaking statutory work
- To undertake duties under the Mental Health Act 1983 including, participation (when required) in the Doncaster area Out of Hours 17:00 -08:30 (Mon-Fri) AMHP/Adult Making Safe back-up rota.
- To be the Statutory decision - maker on behalf of DMBC with regard to the AMHP role and responsibility under the MHA
- The post holder will provide specialised advice to colleagues, managers and partner agencies in relation to mental health issues and where appropriate to the application of mental health law.
- To provide support and advice to colleagues in relation to statutory work; including Community Treatment Orders, Guardianship, Mental Health Tribunals and Mental Capacity Act issues.
- To undertake assessments under the Mental Capacity Act and where appropriate initiate Best Interests procedure
- Maintain AMHP status in line with statutory regulations.
- Provide practice placement supervision for trainee SW's & AMHPs
- To lead and implement clinical practice guidelines, standards and protocols, ensuring the highest quality service user experience.
- To undertake joint working with care coordinators on a small number of complex cases, particularly where social care needs or the use of mental health legislation is under consideration.
- To maintain and collate accurate clinical records on both paper and on the Trust and/or Local Authority computerised system, including the maintenance of electronic case records.
- To be committed to and involved in the development of the service through participation in education and in service training and contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures relevant to their area of work.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.