Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£350 - £450 per day
21 days ago
Our client, Doncaster Borough Council is looking for a Safeguarding Business Unit Manager to join their team.
To promote and lead the safeguarding partnership working for children and adults across all agencies. To lead, challenge and promote a clear vision for effective multi-agency safeguarding of services and practice across Doncaster.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To promote and manage a collaborative approach to safeguarding in Doncaster for both children and adults whilst ensuring each has equal status and is compliant with legislation and statutory requirements, including statutory reviews
- To provide strategic leadership and management oversight of the safeguarding business unit functions for adults and children including the development of strategic plans for agreed priorities.
- To be provide assurance that all partner agencies and the partnership are clear about and deliver on their statutory duties within Working Together 2018 and Care Act Guidance 2014, managing the reputational risk across the multi-agency partnership
- To be responsible for the safeguarding boards' governance arrangements and business structure processes including overseeing the management, effectiveness and compliance of the Safeguarding Board subgroup meetings.
- To lead and facilitate the engagement with strategic leaders and key safeguarding partners of all agencies relevant to children and adults safeguarding to promote multi-agency working and ensure effective partnership working
- To ensure compliance with all statutory guidance and best practice including the overseeing of an annual safeguarding Conference and Safeguarding week
- To work with regional and national colleagues and agencies to develop, share and implement models of best practice and provide continuous improvement and learning to strengthen the effectiveness of safeguarding practice in Doncaster.
- To provide professional complex support, advice and guidance on areas of concern and risk to chair/convenor/independent scrutineer and to individual partnership members
- To lead on external audits, manage peer reviews and respond to external scrutiny
- To manage all aspects of safeguarding partnership budgets financial management and staff team management.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.