West London, London
£17 - £20 per hour
7 months ago
This role will be;
- To assist in the development and maintenance of a quality service to the public for Council Tax, maintaining up to date and accurate Council Tax records, identifying necessary changes to accounts, calculating revised charges and updating computer records as necessary, including those paying by direct debit, London Borough accounts and accounts subject to special collection (e.g. tied accommodation, asylum Seekers and registered social landlords).
- To decide on the most appropriate method of recovery where necessary (e.g. withdrawing summonses).
- To effectively answer and resolve all enquiries received, utilising all associated information available (including computerised systems).
- To ensure all necessary action is taken to assess council tax allowances, exemptions, discounts, and other relief in accordance, with procedures and legislation.
- To deal with queries by correspondence, email, telephone and interview.
- To take all necessary details to enable direct debit and debit/credit card payments to be processed.
- To process council tax direct debit returns & amendments.
- To agree payment arrangements before and after court hearings, and obtain necessary information to assist in enforcement action as necessary.
- To monitor payment arrangements, and initiate further recovery action as appropriate.
If you are interested in this role please email your CV .