£300 - £350 per day
21 days ago
Our client Croydon Council is looking for a Service Manager to join their Youth Offending Service
The post holder will play a key role in the Council's senior management team in discharging corporate objectives, influencing strategic decision making, assessing and mitigating corporate risk (together with the first tier Council Officers). The post holder will be responsible for the technical delivery of their role and the corporate competencies, while living and promoting the corporate values through their day-today work.
- Operational Management Team
- Lead officer for partnership staff within the Youth Offending
Service Job Purpose:
- To oversee the delivery of an effective Youth Offending Service for the Local Authority. This includes leading on strategic and operational management of the service, diverting young people from engaging in offending behaviour and from becoming involved in gangs, reducing first time entrants, reducing re-offending and the use of custody, improving outcomes and life chances for children and young people.
- The delivery of a Youth Offending Service is a partnership role and staff from partner agencies are embedded within the Youth Offending Service. The Service comprises up to 60 members of staff, including those seconded from partner agencies and links with statutory and voluntary partners.
- The role involves strategic management of relationships with partner agencies, third sector and community/faith organisations, and those with children and families. Therefore it requires high level communication and influencing skills with a wide range of stake-holders to ensure that all partner agencies are working in a coordinated and integrated way to keep children and communities safe.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.