£30 - £35 per hour
16 days ago
Our client needs 3 Transition Team Social Workers whom are required for initially a 3 month period.
The social worker will be responsible for managing a range of cases for young people, supporting them and their families throughout their transition into adulthood. The responsibilities will include joint working with Children's Services and SEND, developing Transition support plans for young people, undertaking reviews, completing adult needs assessments, attending LAC review meetings, carrying out Safeguarding investigations and attending relevant meetings with partner agencies and attending court hearings.
As part of their case load or participation in duty Social workers will provide a service to individuals and families in social crisis which requires an immediate and/or urgent response & also to work on the reviews. This requires specific skills and strategies of intervention either to resolve the emergency as a self-contained task, or part of a longer-term situation. It requires a good understanding of social work methods. Experience of working in adult or children statuary services is important.
This is a Social Work team working with complex cases age 17-25.
The team sits within our Childrens directorate & the team has social workers with either adults or Childrens primary social work experience or both. For operational support, there are 2 team managers and 1 deputy head of service responsible. The social worker will be supervised by a Team Manager and wioll recive regualr supervision.
Will vary on complexity / demand of casework. The average caseload is 25 cases. The work will have a combination of complex case work and other casework that is more stable/straightforward.
Essential requirements for the role:
1. To maintain high professional standards in all areas of practice; being able to work to the high standards, demonstrating resistance to pressure and retaining professional focus and behaviour.
2. Knowledge of current and proposed Social Services legislation, particularly the Children Act (s), Mental Health Act, Community Care Act and their practice implications.
3. Experience of direct work with clients undertaking assessment of need and risk.
4. Good assessment skills & the ability to work at a good pace.
Essential experience required:
* A recognised social work or social care qualification, CQSW/DiP SW or equivalent.
* Experience of undertaking written adult social care assessments and drawing up support plans.
* Experience of working with young people who may present with complex health or social care needs.
* Experience of working with continuing care applications.
* Good knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Care Act 2014 and other ancillary legislation in relation to the transition of young people to adult social care services.
* Understanding of working with SEND
* Experience of undertaking adult safeguarding enquiries and or child protection enquiries.
* Ability to manage and allocate priorities relating to incoming work
* Within the context of assessed need, to have the ability to match to the range of resources available (community and residential) within the team budgets /restrictions.
* Experience of holding complex child and or complex adult care cases.
* To be committed to anti-discriminatory & anti- oppressive practice.
* An ability to work flexibly, independently and as part of a team within a framework of policies and procedures to meet the needs of the service.