£500 - £600 per day
29 days ago
To champion the needs and aspirations of all children and young people across the Borough by:
- Delivering effective corporate and strategic management of the Council through collaborative working with elected members, the executive and corporate leadership teams and partners to ensure the London Brough of Croydon's (LBC) vision, plans and values are made a reality.
- Providing strong leadership which harnesses the capacity and capability to deliver improved outcomes across the Borough.
- The creation and development of provision of strong and effective partnership and organisational arrangements that provide a focus on the priority needs of children and young people across LBC.
- The safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children.
- Raising achievement, aspirations and standards to improve life chances for all learners.
- To actively support and advocate the voice of children, young people and families at the heart of decision making.
- Ensure the full and proper discharge of all duties and responsibilities given in the Statutory Guidance on the Roles and Responsibilities of the Director of Children's Services by the Department for Education.
- Developing the strategic direction and priorities of the Council, and securing their implementation, through collaborative working with elected members and the executive and corporate leadership teams.
- Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, valuing and celebrating the diversity of Croydon's communities, ensuring equality of access and treatment in employment and service delivery.
- Ensuring the delivery of the Council's budget within the resources available and in line with priorities agreed by Members.
- Develop and promote positive support for collaborative internal working that optimises the collective skills, resources and knowledge to ensure integrated corporate management solutions to provide continuous improvement in service quality, best value and local governance.
- Develop and promote positive support for a wide range of external partnerships, reflecting the Council's commitment to work in active partnership with the community to continue to improve the quality of the life for all its residents.
- Developing and fostering relationships with government, professional bodies and other organisations to represent and promote the Council's interests and influence on national and international policy matters.
- Leading on cross-cutting corporate projects that deliver the effective management of change and service improvement, cross service working and creative solutions within the Council to meet the best interests of local people as a whole.
Service delivery responsibilities.
- Providing strategic leadership for services and education to children and young people to ensure that the highest quality services are provided within the resources available.
- Develop a Borough wide focus on prevention and early intervention across the service, through building and maintaining progressive delivery partnerships.
- Work closely with education providers to raise achievement of the city's learners.
- Leading and developing workforce expertise and capability in the service to ensure LBC has a sustainanble and motivated workforce to ensure thy support the best outcomes for children.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.