£400.00 - £450.00 per day + Depending on experience
26 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Commissioner to work within Newham Council.
The role will be based in the Commissioning team which works in partnership with the Brokerage and Contracts Team and operational social care staff. We need a person with extensive experience of commissioning, project management and procurement to lead the procurement of services particularly unregulated services. The successful candidate will also project manage income generating projects working with operational colleagues, finance, housing and other colleagues. The candidate should be both able to work within an existing framework and offer new insight to improve the current processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the accommodation, care and support services for looked after children and carer leavers and the wider issues affecting children's social care
- Extensive experience of running procurement activities and implementing new services
- Need for minimal supervision and be a self-starter
- Analytical skills and numeracy including ability to use Excel.
- Achieved efficiencies and savings in their commissioning of services
- Excellent communication skills particularly reporting writing for senior management
- Project management skills to maintain project plans risks and issues registers
- Negotiation and influencing skills working across disciplines and organisations
- Good attention to detail
Key deliverables will include:
- Complete the Equalities Impact Assessment
- Hold a minimum of 2 provider engagement activities for semi-independent accommodation
- Review and finalise all tender documentation for semi-independent living and supported living services.
- Evaluate of submitted bids supporting operational staff with the process
- Lead on Housing Benefit pilot ensuring income generation, procedures and processes in place to track income. Report on progress of pilot.
- Lead on options paper for develop of capital assets to be used as homes for looked after children and care leaver
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly