Barking and Dagenham, London
£500.00 - £600.00 per day + Depending on experience
4 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an Consultant r to complete a short term statement of works for Barking and Dagenham Council.
The London Borough of Barking and Dagenham wishes to undertake a review of its emergency planning and incident management functions and is seeking support with this. LBBD currently work in a partnership with two other London Boroughs (Redbridge and Waltham Forest) with a single Civil Protection Team working across all three boroughs. LBBD wish to undertake a review that looks at best practice in this area and determines how these function are delivered in the future.
The review will comprise:
- An assessment of current arrangements with strengths and weaknesses of the current tri-borough model identified including opportunities for continued partnership working across boroughs.
- Engagement with the current team and a selection of key stakeholders to get their feedback on the current model and ideas for future delivery
- A review of other related functions including how CCTV, community safety and the incident response team are involved in incident management, identifying opportunities for better alignment
- A review of potential future models of delivery including capacity required
- A review of options for the delivery of the out of hours emergency rota including the interface with the out of hours contact centre. This should include clarifying how different incidents are managed, who takes calls out of hours and the relationship/responsibilities of the council on call silver officers
- A report to be drafted with the outcome of the review and clear recommendations/options on:
- potential future model of delivery and capacity required
- continued partnership working opportunities across boroughs
- opportunities to strengthen incident management processes
- the resourcing of the out of hours emergency rota
We are looking for someone with experience of incident management and expert knowledge of the functions of emergency planning teams including the legal framework and regional standards in which they operate. They must also have the confidence and credibility to engage with a broad range of people to successfully undertake the review including technical experts in the field and the council senior leadership team.
You will need to be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £350 for each professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly