depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking a Childrens Social Worker.
You will need to be:
- SWE registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Provide high quality social work as part of a multi-professional team, acting, as required, as the lead professional for families caring for adolescents presenting with a range of needs including being victims/perpetrators of child sexual exploitation, young people affected or involved in serious youth violence and group offending, missing from home.
- Build the resilience of children, young people and their families by using evidenced based approaches to achieve sustained change.
- Use the direction, support and guidance of your line manager and the multiprofessional team to effectively manage the range of complexities of risk and ambiguity families present with.
- Establish rapport, build respectful relationships with children, young people, their families, obtaining and recording their views accurately
- Mobilise existing and potential support networks for children, young people and their families through effective and regular engagement and communication, working collaboratively and including their views and Page 3 of 7 contributions to assessments and plans made for children, young people and their families
- Undertake assessments of children, young people's circumstances, using observation and information gathered from a range of sources to provide evidence and analysis of children's needs leading to recommended levels of intervention and of service provision.
- Work with children, young people and their families in a range of settings, including their homes to undertake assessments and interventions aimed at building their resilience and improving outcomes.
- Take responsibility for making decisions about the tasks that need to be completed with families and at all times working in the families best interests and considering the impact of your involvement on children, young people and their families
- Use flexibility and creativity to engage adolescents and develop relationships of trust, bringing to the attention of your line manager any concerns relating to the quality of parenting or the safety and well-being of children and young people within their home, school or community environments.
- Effectively plan for change, involving relevant professionals and family members by clear on what needs to change, how the individual or family will be supported to achieve the change and how and when the plan will be monitored and reviewed, including the provision of regular feedback to families on progress towards agreed plans as they form and develop.
- Routinely use measurement tools with families to track and monitor the impact of interventions and the progress children, young people and parents are making towards agreed change.
- Prepare clear and concise informative written reports based on complex evidence in relation to your work with children, young people and their families as required and to agreed standards and timescales.
- Attend and participate in Child Protection Conferences and Looked After Children Reviews, and where appropriate, organise and chair multi-agency meetings promoting at all times the best outcomes for children.
- Adequately prepare for and represent the Council during court proceedings in order to recommend and seek legal interventions that are in the best interests of the children or young people.
- Pro-actively acquire knowledge to share with families about local resources, facilities and other sources of support available to children, young people and their families as appropriate, and support individuals to develop links with those services including voluntary services, Children Centres, Youth Services, adult and community based services
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly