Up to £40 per hour
37D2A1 - Dee_1603179823
8 months ago
Local Authority Designated Officer, Children & Families, Reading
If you are an experienced LADO who can work independently; with experience of chairing child protection conferences and reviews, we want to hear from you today.
This is a key post in ensuring that allegations against people who work with children are properly investigated and dealt with appropriately.
Main duties include:
- Lead on the operational management of concerns and allegations about people who work with children.
- Ensure that robust systems are in place to give prompt advice on allegation management thresholds.
- Manage and monitor the progress of cases, including through the chairing of Allegations Management Meetings.
- Maintain a contemporaneous recording during and at the conclusion of cases.
- Ensure the conclusion of the concern or allegation is proportionate, fair and contributes to the safeguarding of all children.
- Ensure information and guidance regarding allegations against staff, carers and volunteers is kept up to date and in keeping with statutory guidance and good practice.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- Experience of managing concerns and allegations about people who work with children.
- Substantial post qualifying experience in child protection, including as a manager within a statutory children's social care service.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage complex child protection and safeguarding cases and issues. Experience of clear risk assessment and management in child protection.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.