Tameside, Greater Manchester
£28 - £32 per hour + Negotiable
16 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Child Protection Team - Tameside Council - Up to £32
If you are an experienced Social Worker with substantial post qualified experience in Child Protection, this could be the ideal role for you.
You will have previous experience in a long term Child Protection service including working with Looked after Children, Children in Need along with some court work.
You must be a car driver for this role due to location.
Main duties include:
- Hold an allocated caseload and undertake assessments and where appropriate arrange accommodation for children and young people.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records, write reports as required; if required, give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Participate in planning/reviewing the cases of children in care; supervise fostering/adoption arrangements.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with service users and other professionals.
- When working with families, to recognise, monitor and assess risk. To escalate risk to supervisors in a timely manner to plan mitigating actions.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification
- A strong social work background with excellent communication skills
- Post qualified experience working within Child Protection
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that are not available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly to Danny Mansfield.