East London, London
£12 - £15 per hour
13 days ago
Remedy Education are in urgent need of a Caretaker for a SEMH School based in East London.
Main responsibilities Undertake a range of specialist tasks including:
* To carry out all daily tasks including reactive and planned works as directed.
* To open and close the Civic Centre and The Woodville, supervise the early morning cleaners and assist with cleaning machine work, if required.
* To undertake checks of all office areas, including regular spot checks of staff kitchens and toilets including the public toilets. To deal with any reactive or emergency housekeeping or requests for emergency cleaning.
* To set up and prepare meeting rooms ensuring tea and coffee facilities are set up if required and meeting rooms are clear of debris and mess ahead of meeting start times.
* Regularly review cleaning materials, maintenance materials, tea and coffee supplies and to advise Facilities Officer when replacement stock is required.
* To attend to any emergency that arises within the Civic Centre and carry out temporary repairs where possible, meet and liaise with contractors if required.
* To carry out repair and maintenance tasks, including painting, replacing and installing fixtures and fittings, placement of poster sites, notice boards, unblocking toilets and sinks, etc.
* To ensure all corridors are kept clear from obstruction and are in a good state of repair.
* To check fire escapes and ensure that they are kept clear, clean and tidy and fire escape doors are fully functioning.
* To undertake check to the staircases and lifts on a daily basis.
* To actively participate in the weekly fire alarm and sprinkler test along side Property Services and report any found defects within the fire alarm log book.
* Carry out daily water outlet flushing as directed and in line with the flushing regime.
* Check entrances to the Civic Centre on a daily basis and carry out a litter pick-up and sweep, including the car park, staff entrances, ramp area and Community Square.
* When opening the Civic Centre to put out all signage, café tables and chairs (if the weather is fine).
* To review daily all hand-towels, toilet rolls, hand soaps, hand sanitisers, air fresheners and batteries in the kitchen and toilet facilities and replenish as required.
* To regularly check all floors for waste, cardboard, furniture etc. and remove as required.
* Assist with monitoring the recycling within the building and report where bins have been contaminated. Disposing of waste correctly.
* To regularly check lighting and to replace light bulbs and tubes as reported or observed when undertaking duties around the buildings.
* To move furniture or heavy loads as directed by Facilities Officer and assist with office or departmental moves as required.
* To assist with Contractor access to the Civic Centre.
* To assist with the removal of confidential waste and refuse from bins around the Civic Centre.
* To clean roof areas and keep all working areas, including the boiler room, maintenance stores and workshop clean and free from obstruction.
* To check the main refuse store daily keeping it organised, clean, tidy and accessible.