4 months ago
Care Assistant - School Based - Islington, North London
Are you interested in providing care in the community?
Do you have relevant experience or an interest in working with students with PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties) and Physical Disabilities (PD)?
Do you have previous experience working in a care home or residential care setting?
A large, well-resourced special educational needs school in North London are looking for a special educational needs teaching assistant to work alongside the teaching staff to provide 1:1 support to students within their care.
This is a long term full time position based within our school, you will be working 1:1 as well as in small groups with our students.
- Full time
- Long term to perm
- £80-85 a day
- Based within a school
- Greenwich, South East London
- ASAP Start
We are looking for people who have experience working with SEN students and who have a patient and calm approach.
You must have:
- An interest in working with students with SEND
- Be flexible in your approach
- Existing DBS check on the update service
- Existing experience working with children or adults with SEND advantageous, but not required
- Previous experience working with young adults in a care setting advantageous, but not required
- Ability to carry out personal care Responsibilities
- Assist and support with the development and learning of students within the school
- Provide 1:1 and general support to students according to requirements for the day
- Work alongside other teaching and support staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment is maintained
If you think you are the right person for this role then please apply now, you can also contact Brad at Remedy for more information.