£130 - £180 per day
8 days ago
Business and ICT Teacher - Tower Hamlets - Pupil Referral Unit - September 2020
Would you like the opportunity to make a real difference at a school at an exciting phase of its development?
I am currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit / Alternative Provision in North West London who are currently looking to recruit a Business/ICT Teacher who has experience teaching students with Special Educational Needs and or challenging behaviour.
- Business and ICT Teacher
- September 2019
- Pupil Referal Unit
- Tower Hamlets, London
- £130 - £175 per day
This position will be starting in September 2020 and will require the interview and trial process to take place in the next couple of weeks, this may become permanent for the right candidate.
- Excellent communication skills
- An innovative practitioner
- A desire to work with students who can exhibit challenging behaviours
- High levels of motivation, imagination and enthusiasm
- A strong team ethic and the ability to work well in teams
- A resilient teacher with a sense of humour and ability to engage and motivate pupils
- An understanding and experience of teaching students who have barriers to their learning
- An ability to manage budgets and resource the workshop areas
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and deliver a range of lessons and evaluate these activities to inform future learning. Develop programs in line with the National Curriculum and ensure we meet the diverse needs and interests of each child.
- Behave in a warm and friendly, yet professional manner towards colleagues, students and parents.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1+ years' experience teaching students who have special educational needs and or challenging behaviour.
- Teacher Qualification - QTS or equivalent.
The school is within walking distance of a tube station and is on a number of popular bus routes.
Staff must ensure that they follow school policies, guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS certificate signed up to the Online Update Service, and if not, must be prepared to apply for a new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
If you feel this is the right role for you then please contact James at Remedy Education.