Bury, Greater Manchester
£40 - £45 per hour
14 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Bury Council for the post of Allegations and Risk manager working alongside the Adult Safeguarding Team. This is a temporary position to provide cover until a permanent post holder is appointed.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a truly forward-thinking Adult Social care system, Bury is the place for you. You will be joining existing teams of multi-disciplinary professionals who are committed to fundamentally reforming the way health and social care is delivered in Bury
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running who has a real "can do" attitude. You will have considerable and demonstratable experience of working with highly complex, high-risk individuals who are capacitous.
This role entails being the lead person for the Council managing referrals made under the People in a Position of Trust (PiPoT) protocol, and referrals for people with complex high-risk lives that require escalation to the multi-agency risk management protocol.
Bury are striving to take an asset-based approach to ensure the best outcomes for our residents and are looking for a professional who shares that passion.
This is a specialist role and is both challenging and rewarding, where no two days are the same. You will be working remotely between home and office.
This is a demanding and exciting post for those who are highly skilled practitioners. You will have highly developed qualities including being able to appropriately challenge in MDT meetings, uphold the Human Rights of the customer in highly charged situations, adhering to the principles of the Care Act and Making Safeguarding Personal.
You will be expected to act as a skilled and knowledgeable advisor and provide support to other professionals who may lack experience or be unfamiliar with the PiPoT protocol and management of customers presenting with complex, high-risk lives.
The aims of the post are to carry out the statutory duties of the council in relation to managing allegations of people in a position of trust, and positively support individuals with challenging high-risk behaviours, to achieve positive outcomes whilst demonstrating making best value of the cost of Community Care and NHS spend.
You will be responsible for supervising the Advanced Practitioner Complex Risk who works with a small number of the most complex cases and supports other SW's to develop skills and increase confidence in working in areas of complex and risky lifestyles.
You will need to be confident to take appropriate action to progress PiPoT referrals, challenge and engage all stakeholders who may have responsibility for supporting risk management in relation to individual's leading complex high-risk lives.
Essential skills required:
- SW Degree or equivalent qualification
- At least 5 years post ASYE experience working within Adult Social Work
- Experience of working with people in a position of trust (PiPoT) protocol
- Proven experience of working with customers with complex needs
- Experience of multidisciplinary and multi- agency working with complex cases
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principles and application of Human Rights Act, Care Act and Safeguarding Adults procedures
- Ability to work in a high-pressure clinical environment
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to manage own emotions and those of others
Desirable skills or experience:
- BIA award
- Social Supervisor Award
- Working with Transitions age individuals
Bury offer all staff a comprehensive package of wellbeing support, work life balance, agile working, training, and development opportunities.
The post will be provided with support operationally day to day by the Head of Adult Safeguarding and Principal Social Worker Adults.
Special Conditions of Service:
- The nature of this post is not always predictable and will require the post holder to work flexibly and outside of normal working hours to meet service requirements
- Ability to travel inside and outside the Borough, which expenses will be payable in accordance with the council's conditions of service
- Satisfactory DBS disclosure at the enhanced level to be renewed in line with the Council's timescales.
- Bury Council is piloting an agile working policy enabling all those for whom the nature of their role allow to:
- operate flexibly between home, office and other workplaces and with the benefit of digital communications, rather than routinely maintaining traditional, fixed office bases.
- access the benefit of the council's existing, complementary flexible working framework.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.