£40 - £42 per hour
4 months ago
A manager to work in the Youth Offending Service and must be a registered qualified social worker and have a (Degree in social work/CQSW/CSS/DipSw - including HCPC registration or equivalent i.e. Probation qualified and management experience) with at least three years post qualifying experience and or substantial evidence of effective staff or team management and supervision in a relevant role
* Strong safeguarding background
* Management experience including working in a Criminal Justice setting
* Quality Assurance experience
* Supervising complex casework
* Supervising, supporting & coaching Social Workers
* Experience of auditing cases
* Knowledge and experience of legislation pertaining to young people in the justice system
* Sound and comprehensive knowledge of safeguarding adolescents
* High level of knowledge and understanding of risk management and experience of identifying and applying risk management processes.
* Ability to chair a range of statutory, multidisciplinary meetings and to take appropriate notes and minutes when required.
* Skills in analysing complex and problematic situations and in formulating, implementing and reviewing, alongside service users, appropriate assessment and intervention programmes.
* Skills in communicating clearly orally and in writing, including an ability to maintain concise case records including Looked After Children documentation and to produce reports for case conferences, courts and other bodies.
* Experience of performance management and demonstrating successful outcomes as well as being able to challenge poor performance and raise practice standards.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.