£29 - £30.00 per hour
24 days ago
Our client Bromley Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Mental Health team.
1. To assess the needs of people with acute, complex or enduring mental health issues and the needs of carers.
2. Together with the service users and carers, formulate and implement care plans appropriate to their needs.
3. To monitor, review and evaluate services in order to ensure that they are provided effectively in accordance with need.
4. Within the setting of a multi-disciplinary Rehabilitation Support Team, provide rehabilitation packages of care to service users. The RST Team offers an extended hour's service to individuals and the Team work to a Flexible Hours contract.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Provide an assessment and care management service to individuals, their carers and other agencies.
2. Ensure the provision of an assessment, care co-ordination and care management service under CPA for service users and carers, and in collaboration with professional colleagues and representatives of voluntary and private agencies, and where appropriate, to undertake the role of Care co-ordinator.
3. Monitor, review and evaluate care plans in order to ensure that they are meeting the needs of service users.
4. Hold a small caseload concentrating on those with complex care needs.
5. Review the needs of individual service users and their carers and to undertake Carer's Assessments where appropriate.
6. Identify and report unmet needs and short-falls in the construction of individual care plans.
7. Maintain client records in accordance with Oxleas NHS / Bromley Council Policy.
8. Respond to and where possible resolve complaints within the Oxleas NHS / Bromley Council Complains procedure.
9. Contribute to service development by providing information and ideas for future services.
10. Advise manager on quality and value for money of purchased services.
11. Co-ordinate, participate and where appropriate chair case conferences / plans meetings.
12. Participate in multi-disciplinary and inter-agency meetings and working groups and represent the service as required.
13. After training, perform the duties of an Approved Mental Health Professional (formerly ASW).
14. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running to the Department/Section. CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS: MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP:
EQUALITIES: Implementation of the Council's equal opportunities policies and its statutory responsibility with regard to other individuals and service delivery. Date Name
1. Date drawn up
2. Given to Post holder
3. Confirmed by Line Manager
JOB TITLE: Social Worker (Mental Health)
GRADE: BR11/BR12 POST NO: 3282, 3283, 3284, 3285, 3287, 3307, 3308, 3309, 3311, 3286, 3293, 9531, 3299, 3297, 3298, 3300, 9252 DEPARTMENT: ACS DIVISION: Mental Health SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Ability to work under pressure and to cope with crisis.
2. Ability to understand/communicate with people with acute/complex mental health needs.
3. Ability to make and sustain relationships with people with mental health needs and their carers.
4. Ability to negotiate for resources for people under the care of the service.
5. Ability to assess needs, to design and implement care packages.
6. Excellent report writing skills.
7. Ability to organise, prioritise and maintain workload.
9. Commitment to team working in a multi-disciplinary and fully integrated setting.
10. Car driver essential.
11. Demonstrate appropriate understanding, knowledge and skills in valuing diversity.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.