£18 - £20 per hour
4 months ago
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To inspect all operations relating to the suite of contracts to ensure compliance with legal, technical and other regulations and Council requirements, ensuring that issues are dealt with in accordance with current procedures, customer service standards, specifications, policies and legislation, compiling comprehensive and accurate records of all relevant environment contract activities.
- Closely monitor all aspects of work allocated to contractors, paying particular attention to programming, monitoring, health and safety arrangements, inspection and checking of quality, issuing rectifications and defaults and carrying out performance monitoring functions measuring both local and contractual Performance Indicators.
- When necessary to ensure 3rd party compliance with environmental and highway legislation such as abandoned vehicles, obstruction of the highways and street trading licencing.
- To represent the authority in meetings with contractor's representatives, the public, statutory bodies and other interested parties, and provide advice on rights of way law and matters as appropriate.
- Deal with Councillors, members of the public, representatives from other organisations and other Council staff whilst achieving the highest levels of service delivery, customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Perform appropriate duty of care inspections to ensure the compliance with associated highway and environmental legislation and liaise with enforcement officers and other colleagues to develop best practice procedures.
- To effectively inspect and maintain good and thorough records of the Borough's rights of way. To identify need for necessary repairs and improvements and arrange appropriate works.
- To carry out effective liaison, in verbal and written form, with our customers, including the public utilities, Police and other organisations. To liaise closely with the licensing officer and licence holder to ensure the licensing requirements are being met.
- To write comprehensive reports as required and be able to present information in a format which is clear and understandable to the public and other stakeholders.
- To process requests and applications for proposed new rights of way, diversions, closure or alteration of status or character.
- To attend site and public meetings to advise on rights of way matters and liaise closely with other Council departments to promote the use of public rights of way.
- Assist in any legal proceedings, providing witness statements and attend Court to give evidence, and carry out detailed archival research and user evidence interviews.
- Raise awareness of environmental issues and environmental campaigns by liaising and meeting with the community, interest groups (i.e. Street/Park Friends) and other agencies to promote and publicise street scene initiatives.
- Assist in the delivery of environmental campaigns by providing support and guidance to voluntary groups.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.