£90 - £105 per day
27 days ago
Long term perm
A Secondary SEN School in Lewisham are looking for a Level 6 BSL Teaching Assistant to work in their designated hearing impairment Unit for the deaf.
Contract - Long Term
Salary - £85 -£105 per day depending on BSL Qualification and experience.
Located in Lewisham, this SEN Secondary School is committed to an inclusive approach to education based on individual needs and is an integral part of the social community. The staff are friendly and inclusive, the facilities are state of the art and provide excellent opportunities for children to learn and develop. The classroom will include two teachers of the deaf (one unqualified), an educational interpreter (BSL Level 6) and a part-time deaf instructor (This may be subject to change at any moment, depending on the number of children within the class).
In order to be successful, you will need:
* BSL Qualification Level 2 minimum
* A minimum qualification of grade C in English and Maths at GCSE level
* A valid DBS certificate (we can support with your application)
* Previous experience of supporting pupils with Special Education Needs
* In return, you can expect:
* A very supportive team and environment
* On the job support
* To work on a 1:1 capacity with pupils
* Training and development opportunities
* To work alongside therapists/councillors
Why Remedy Education?
* Work with schools on a part time/supply basis without the without the pressure or stress of a permanent position
* Most of the supply work we have is booked in advance
* You are in control of the days you want to work
* We offer continuity so you can go back to the same set of schools
* Many schools offer supply teachers full- or part-time roles so a great way of securing blocks of work
* We offer high daily pay rates
* Great experience if you're a newly qualified teacher to prospect schools before committing to full time contract
To protect the health and welfare of our team, teachers, and teaching support staff, we will be holding video interviews and consultations for the foreseeable future.
Remedy Education is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.