Bradford, West Yorkshire
£40 - £42 per hour
2 months ago
Our client, Bradford MDC is looking for a Practice Supervisor to join their Children & Families team.
- To be accountable for the quality of practice, setting standards and creating the conditions required for successful social work by motivating, nurturing and mentoring staff. Encouraging and promoting effective relationships and communication between individuals across the service and partner agencies.
- To undertake medium and long term practice development projects which require developed interpretation and analysis skills and partnership working with both colleagues and service users, in order to deliver solutions to a complex range of issues. Identifying practice changes, resource implications and training required.
- To deputise in the absence of the team manager to provide management cover in conjunction with the duty Team Manager for the Service Area and with the agreement of the Service Manager
- Undertake audit activity and moderation responsibilities, taking responsibility for the learning from these audits to be disseminated. Including liaising with external stakeholders where necessary and the development and delivery of training if required.
- To support and oversee the quality assurance of reports and assessments including preparation and submissions for Court Proceedings.
- To take a lead role in preparing less experienced social workers for court and at court within care proceedings.
- As a practice educator provide specific practice support to students and newly qualified social workers in their Assessed and Supported Year of Employment and other colleagues to ensure that their practice is excellent, developed and embedded.
- To quickly establish, develop and maintain good working relationships with service users and colleagues supporting them to adopt and, embed in practice the Signs of Safety model and other practice frameworks adopted in the service.
- To supervise individuals and lead on group supervisions as agreed with the team manager, within the SoS framework. Undertake direct observations of practice within the agreed policy and supervision procedures, mapped against the PCF descriptors and against the Knowledge and Skills Statements, gaining an indication of the quality of social work practice and the impact on service users.
- Responsible for agreeing cash requests in the absence of the team manager and in line with the service financial policy and procedures.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.