Bradford, West Yorkshire
£40 - £41 per hour
30 days ago
Our client, Bradford Council is looking for a Team Manager to join their MASH team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Team Manager to work in Bradford's Integrated Front Door (MASH). The successful candidate will have experience of working in a busy MASH environment and will be confident in the application of threshold. The authority is on an improvement journey and significant improvements have been made and noted in relation to the practice in the front door. More recently Ofsted have told us:
The new integrated front door (IFD), the service which receives contacts and referrals to children's social care, went live at the height of the first wave of the pandemic in June. The service has been operating at a time of very high demand, and with a dispersed workforce. While the IFD is still being embedded, and adapting to these new demands, practice here is improving. Better, more timely triaging of contacts, clear management oversight, effective use of agency and historical information and an informed analysis of risk lead to an appropriate determination of next steps in most children's cases. Issues of parental consent, which had been a problem since the judgement inspection, are now better understood
As a Team Manager in the front door you will:
- Manage up to 6 experienced social workers and sign off recommendations at contact/referral stage for children in need of help and protection
- Ensure timely decisions are made for children and contacts are completed within 1 working day of them being received into the service
- Promote learning and development within the team in line with the authorities improvement journey
- Have access to regular supervision from a dedicated Service Manager
- Have access to peer support (there are 5 Team Managers in the Front Door)
We offer flexible working opportunities which is a combination of home working and office based.
The office is located in Bradford City Centre, Sir Henry Mitchell House with parking available on street and local multi-storey car parks close by.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.