Bradford, West Yorkshire
£32 - £35 per hour
27 days ago
Our client, Bradford Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Children and Families team.
Key Purpose of Post:
- To safeguard children including those at significant risk of harm, assess and manage risk and undertaken critical decision making including taking professional responsibility for decision making
- Contribute to the provision of Social Care Services in the Community and other settings.
- Provide an effective Social Work service including assessment, case planning and reviews.
- Operate a Social Work service within departmental policy, practice and procedures.
- This Job Profile relates to case holding social workers in the following teams:
- Throughcare and After Care
- Undertake preventative work with service users to diminish safeguarding concerns, investigating concerns of significant harm and making appropriate use of legislation to safeguard and promote the welfare of service users.
- To provide a Social Work service to individuals, their families and carers by assessing and identifying their needs and meeting them through direct therapeutic work, care planning and management. Be able to integrate a theoretical approach with practice.
- Manage a caseload, exercising complex decision making in line with professional criteria and making sure that case work is appropriately planned, critically evaluated and reviewed.
- Engage effectively with situations of increasing complexity and challenge including multi-agency input, complex family organisational dynamics, multiple problems/disadvantage, multiple significant risk factors, and the need to take into account the public interest.
- Ensure appropriate care for service users ensuring the best use of existing mainstream and specialist resources, and demonstrating innovation with these resources where appropriate.
- Accept responsibility for and supervision of service users who are provided with care services and undertake expert and robust review of such cases.
- Provide expert witness and give evidence to court and other relevant bodies as required, including giving evidence in court in proceedings, and including the presentation of reports and applications for appropriate Legal Orders.
- Work in partnership with other agencies and organisations, in order to fulfil the provision of a Social Work service, representing the perspective of the organisation. Maintain contact with a wide range of statutory and voluntary sector professionals for information exchange, the exercise of judgment and in order to influence outcomes in case planning and decision making.
- Contribute to multi-disciplinary assessments, chairing and leading meetings when required and participate in planning meetings and reviews, demonstrating and promoting information sharing within/between organisations.
- Mentor newly qualified and less experienced Social Workers to develop their expertise and/or offer placements to Social Work students as a practice educator.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.