Bradford, West Yorkshire
30 days ago
Our client, Bradford Council is looking for a Service Manager to join their Exploitation Hub hub.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Manager to work in Bradford's Exploitation Hub. The Exploitation Hub is a new and innovative service which has received significant investment to ensure our responses to children experiencing or vulnerable to Exploitation receive the best possible service. The development of this service remains in its infancy so experience of growing a service will be essential. The Hub is a service which consists of Social Workers, Youth Workers, Health Practitioners, Police Colleagues, Education Safeguarding Officers and Missing Support Workers.
The authority is on an improvement journey and significant improvements have been made and noted in relation to the practice in this area. More recently Ofsted have told us:
The complex safeguarding hub provides an authoritative and confident response for children at risk of exploitation. The hub's thorough screening of contacts and referrals about children, the specialist advice and consultation provided across the service and regular risk assessment meetings have strengthened practice in this area.
As a Service Manager in the Exploitation Hub you will:
- Have direct line management responsibility for 1 Team Manager
- Be responsible in coordinating multi-agency responses to children and ensuring both statutory and non-statutory partners are working in synergy to support effective safety planning and disruption
- Take the lead on developing pathways, processes and policies relating to Exploitation
- Ensure best practice is promoted in tackling exploitation
- Have responsibility for children who are missing from home or absent from placement and ensure safe plans are in place to promote their return
- Work closely with locality Social Work Teams who will hold overall case responsibility for children vulnerable to Exploitation. The Hub will offer a complimentary and co-working role to existing social work teams
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.