Up to £35 per hour
8 days ago
Our client Blackpool council is looking for a temp Social worker to join their Supporting Children Team
Supporting Our Children: We are recruiting additional staff to the Supporting Our Children Team. As a Social Worker within the team you would be responsible for providing a quality service to the children in our care, providing a high quality of work in relation to court proceedings, and ensuring the right outcomes for our children. The team works with children whose long term plan is to remain in care whilst ensuring constant review looking at reunification and SGO possibilities. We are currently embarking on an exciting new structure that will see all court proceedings following initial hearing being worked within this service. As a social worker in the team we will be expecting commitment, drive and ambition for Our Children and in return will provide good working environment, high levels of support and manageable caseloads.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
· Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods
· At least 2 year's experience in statutory children's social work
· Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
· Experience of court work
· Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
· Ability to write concise,fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience of inputting into children's services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
· Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
The post holder is expected to undertake case management independently and demonstrate an ability to adapt their approach from first principles to deal with more complex or unusual cases, assessing and managing risks appropriately. The experience of the practitioner will be determined by the grade of the post offered at H1 or H2. Blackpool Council is an innovative organisation and is driving the implementation of the Knowledge and skills statement (KSS) from the Department for Health in preparation for the launch of the National Accreditation and Assessment Scheme. As such we would expect potential employees to reference individual practice to the KSS
- Operate effectively within multi-agency and inter-professional partnerships settings and meetings
- Understand, contribute to and comply with key performance indicators.
- Identify and behave as a professional social worker, committed to professional development
- Take responsibility for the professional learning and development of others through supervision, mentoring, assessing, research, teaching, leadership and management
- Promote monitor and maintain Health Safety and Security in the workplace
- Apply social work ethical principles and values to guide professional practice
- Ensure we provide for and are committee to Our Children and take seriously our role as corporate Parents.
Recognise diversity and apply anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive principles in practice
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.